Let’s discover a traditional Japanese paper sphere, called, “Kusudama!”
It is formed by modular Origami construction techniques or assembled with modular Origami pieces together.
In the coming workshop you will learn the techniques: how to fold a modular piece and to make a simple, but cute and challenging enough geometric shape. Each of you make your own Kusudama:)
Your hand-crafted Kusudama balls from the workshop will be your own cute gifts or home decorations:) Let’s activate our hands and finger tips together Sunday morning! That stimulates our creativity while also giving us very serene feeling.
Host: MAKI OISHI (aka ORIMAKI)
Time: May 26th (Sunday) 10:30-12:00
- A short story of Kusudama or modular Origami, and the variations.
- For beginners:)
- Paper will be provided.
- Instructions on how to fold each piece and how to put together into a sphere.
- Craft a Kusudama ball with 12 modular origami pieces per person.
- Please bring cutting mats or something like very flat surfaces (such as magazines), and your OLD credit/bank cards.
- Also please bring your crafty or sleepy hands, and importantly patience!
Maximal: 8 people
Workshop fee: 19.50 euro/p.p. (Include Japanese tea and chocolate)
How to sign up: A pre-payment is needed for signing up. Please send email to email@example.com, we will send payment details back to you. You can also register in our shop. Please register at least 3 days in advance.